Vast contract - onbepaalde duur
The Consumer & Market Insights Specialist generates strategic insights around markets, product categories and customer types to support strategy that drives growth. As market research expert, you will be responsible for the full project management of market surveys and to transform insights into actions, providing marketing, trade marketing, commercial and management teams a better understanding of their market and customer driven recommendations. Vandemoortele has a strong ambition to grow and to become more market insights driven. By joining the CMI team, you will have the opportunity to participate to this mission and to become the ‘voice of the customer’ within the organization. You’ll evolve in a dynamic and international team (counting more than 5 different nationalities and performing surveys in our key countries in Europe), work on a various range of product categories (from the bakery classics: bread, pastry, donuts, patisserie… to our MCOF products: margarine, sauces and dressings, creams,…) and study various types of topics from branded and private labels businesses. You will be reporting to the Consumer & Market Insight Manager, and will be integrated into the Marketing International team in our HQ of Gent, working cross business lines: bakery and margarines, culinary oils and fats.
Support customer centricity and data driven decisions within the organization:
- Participates to various type of business projects: be the voice of consumers in business decisions
- Is recognized as an expert in own area
- Efficiently communicates key insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Follows up to ensure that actions are taken based on the recommendations provided
- Identifies proactively initiatives that enhance market intelligence in the group: develop insights frameworks, build benchmarks, develop ad hoc projects,…
Manage customer, market and consumer research in the organization:
- Defines the needs for market research and challenges marketing and trade marketing teams to translate their business questions into clear and relevant research questions
- Is responsible for the full project management of market research - on various type of research: B2C (consumers U&A, concept test, innovation, product test,..) and B2B (channel analysis, operator segmentations, purchase process: distributor,…)
- Undertakes detailed analyses of quantitative market data: consumer (B2C) and customer (B2B) insights
- Performs market, category and food trends reviews and integrates them into the Innovation Process Management of the organization
Transform insights into actions, and support marketing, trade marketing and commercial teams with a better understanding of their market:
Ons gewenste profiel:
- Supports local teams in building market intelligence: identifying information gaps, forming hypothesis, implementing research, analyzing data, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, organizing activation workshops
- Consolidates data from different markets (geography), categories (types of products) and distribution channels (Retail + professional, and OOH channels)
- Is able to build market dashboards, category scorecards and ad-hoc reports: performs multiple functions of analytics, data management or reporting solutions.
- You hold a Master degree in economics, psychology, marketing or any relevant domain and have 3 – 5 years’ experience in market research or business analytics.
- You have strong experience with market research tools – quantitative (online, exit interview, sensory tests, pulse survey. Experience with DIY tooling is a plus) and qualitative tooling (focus groups, individual interviews, online communities,…).
- You have strong project management skills.
- You have strong analytical skills: numeric (to deliver in-depth analysis on data) and conceptual (to deliver insights based storytelling).
- You are curious, passionate and eager to work on various types of research domains: market analysis, product development, branding, category management, shopper,…
- You feel comfortable working with a holistic and strategic view.
- You like working in team and can operate in a matrix type structure with central management, local management and functional leads from the international team.
- You have strong reporting & presentation skills: developing concise reports and presentations adapted to the target audience (management, internal teams, customers,…).
- You can work independently and like to take initiatives.
- You are fluent in English in spoken and written. Any other language is a plus.
- You are open to travel on an occasional basis (short trips).
- An inspiring role and a challenging function where you’ll research a large variety of products (from bread to donuts, margarines, dressings, creams,…) with an interesting task range for a successful and long-term cooperation.
- A stimulating working environment offering many opportunities for personal development and an open and people-oriented company culture.
- High-quality products as well as a successful international market position.
- Flexible working hours, a brand-new Food Experience Center in Gent and an attractive salary package.